As the preferred recruitment partner of the Cornwall Association of Primary Heads and a number of Multi Academy Trusts in Cornwall we are seeking an experienced Science teacher to work in Penzance on a long term basis.
You will deliver outstanding lessons, leading to significant progression and attainment for challenging SEN Pupils. This position is 6.5 hours per week (0.2)
· Take care in the planning of work, taking into consideration the correct and appropriate use of teaching materials, practical apparatus, ICT A.V. aids etc.
· Complete Team Teach training and support the principals of Team Teach during school hours, both in and out of school;
· Take a lead in developing the Curriculum in all aspects.
· Be responsible for the maintenance of a good working atmosphere within lessons/ throughout the school day.
· Ensure that the learning experiences planned for children adequately match their abilities.
· Ensure that sound relationships are fostered between children, their peers and adults alike.
· Act as a confidante to the children whilst being aware of and following current safeguarding/child protection guidelines;
· Use a variety of teaching methodologies taking into account mixed abilities and the size of groups. · Ensure that equality of opportunity exists in all areas.
· Ensure that the marking of children’s work is undertaken at appropriate and regular intervals, and that marking follows agreed service policy.
· Ensure that the presentation of work is of the highest quality, adhering to agreed service policy.
· Ensure that adequate weight is given to both: o Forecasting of work – taking due account of the social, academic and behavioural needs of the children vis-à-vis the statutory requirements of the National Curriculum where appropriate.
If you are a looking for a better work life balance, where you can teach locally and impact learning outcomes then please get in touch. –
QTS (Qualified Teaching Status is required)
Opus Education Recruitment was created by teachers, for teachers.
Our rates of pay are generous and we pride ourselves on matching people with the perfect role.
All successful applicants will be subject to safeguarding checks and have an enhanced DBS check.