SEN Teaching Assistants wanted!
Are you looking for an exciting career working in schools?
As the preferred recruitment partner of the Cornwall Association of Primary Heads and a number of Multi Academy Trusts in Cornwall and Devon we are looking for full time, part time or flexible SEN teaching assistants to work in our partner schools in the Special Education sectors. These are ongoing supply positions likely to lead to permanent employment for the right candidates.
You will help the children overcome their individual challenges by supporting them with underlying difficulties that may be leading to displays of frustration. The school has a carefully planned and bespoke curriculum, which includes social development as well as academic and vocational learning which allows the children to achieve the best possible outcomes.
The staff at the school are highly supportive, and creativity is encouraged. The school has an excellent reputation for their investment in staff and career development opportunities.
A successful applicant must:
- Have experience with SEN pupils/or have similar experience within the healthcare sector
- Be a kind and patient person with willingness to help children learn
- Support the children within a small group or individually
- Read the planning for the day and help set up the activities set by the teacher
- Work school hours – 8.30/9am start till 3/4pm finish Monday to Friday
- Have a DBS on the updating service or be willing to complete one
- Be willing to undertake other Safer Recruitment and Safeguarding checks
What we can offer you:
- Highly competitive rates of pay
- Holiday pay
- PAYE – no umbrella companies
- Flexible working shifts
- Support from an experienced team of ex-education staff within the office
- Continual professional development and training opportunities
At Opus we are committed to ensuring the safety of all children and promoting their welfare. We expect ALL our staff to adhere to this and show the same commitment when working within schools. All successful applicants will be subject to safeguarding checks and have an enhanced DBS check.
For more information, please subject your CV by email or call our office on 01872 279810 and ask to speak to Sian