Opus Education are currently working with a MAT in the Devon area, who are looking to employ a Primary Lead on a full time basis.
We are looking to appoint outstanding Primary Lead with experience of working with challenging/SEN pupils. Our ideal candidate will have excellent teamwork and communication skills, the ability and enthusiasm to make a difference with students who have a range of needs. We look forward to hearing from you.
All roles will be Temporary to Permanent on a 12 week basis.
- Main Purpose of Job:
- Being an active and proactive member of the Senior Leadership Team and leading our Primary Site in Bideford (facilitating de-briefs, primary timetabling and staffing, implementing strategic plans, supporting staff/students on-site, primary curriculum development) To deliver outstanding lessons, leading to significant progression and attainment for all pupils. All teachers are expected to be aware of and maintain professional standards for qualified teachers as set out by the TDA.
- Deliver role specific teaching
- Professional competencies
- Display personal and interpersonal development and team-working skills;
- Pro actively plan, organise and manage workload;
- Display reflective practice and reflexivity;
- Undertake analysis and synthesis of complex information;
- Display knowledge of and uphold safeguarding procedures;
- Display knowledge and understanding of appropriate use of ICT in an education setting;
- Display regular evidence of initiative taking;
- Display robust self management skills with regard to problem solving;
- Display an ability to develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders built on honesty and integrity.
- Manage class based staff
- Timetabling of appropriate staff and groupings of children in the Bideford Primary Site and elsewhere
- Ensuring efficient and effective deployment of staff and resources
- To manage the provision of education for all students within the Bideford Primary Site
- Take care in the planning of work, taking into consideration the correct and appropriate use of teaching materials, practical apparatus, ICT A.V. aids etc.
- Complete Team Teach training and support the principals of Team Teach during school hours, both in and out of school;
- Take a lead in developing the Curriculum in all aspects.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of a good working atmosphere within lessons/ throughout the school day.
- Ensure that the learning experiences planned for children adequately match their abilities.
- Ensure that sound relationships are fostered between children, their peers and adults alike.
- Act as a confidante to the children whilst being aware of and following current safeguarding/child protection guidelines;
- Use a variety of teaching methodologies taking into account mixed abilities and the size of groups.
- Ensure that equality of opportunity exists in all areas
- Ensure that the marking of children’s work is undertaken at appropriate and regular intervals, and that marking follows agreed service policy.
- Ensure that the presentation of work is of the highest quality, adhering to agreed service policy.
- Ensure that adequate weight is given to both: Forecasting of work – taking due account of the social, academic and behavioural needs of the children vis-à-vis the statutory requirements of the National Curriculum where appropriate. Assessment and recording of progress – taking due account of the social, academic and behavioural needs of children vis-à-vis the statutory requirements of the National Curriculum where appropriate.
- Ensure that the forecasting of work forms an important part of the teaching process, being completed on a termly, half-termly or weekly basis as appropriate. Ensure that any such forecasts are available to the Principal, Headteacher, Area Co-ordinator, Advisory Staff, and Inspectors etc.
- Ensure that the curriculum coverage is appropriate and balanced, and that continuity, progression and breadth of experience are present throughout the planning and implementation processes.
- Actively participate in benchmarking with colleagues across the Trust.
- Review present practice regularly and attend courses as appropriate to further professional development.
- Perform other duties as requested by your line manager
Opus Education is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and Safer Recruitment Procedures will be followed. The position requires a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Please apply within and a member of our team will be in touch.